- On the MI Tutor sign-in page, enter your User Name.
- Enter your Password.
- Click Sign In.
- Click the circle with your initials.
- Click Sign Out.
- On the MI Tutor sign-in page, click Forgot password?
- Enter the email address and click Send.
- An email with reset instructions will be sent to the email address you entered.
- Follow the instructions in the email to reset your password.
Creating a New Course
- On the Select a Course page, click Add a new course.
- Enter the Course Name.
- Select a Level for the course. The level you choose will set the scoring criteria.
- Enter a Start Date and an End Date.
- Click Save.
Selecting a Course
If more than one course has been created, courses will appear in a list on the Select a Course page.
- To enter a course, click the course name.
Click on the circle with your initials to select account options.
- To upload or change your User Image, click Change avatar, drag and drop or select an image from your computer. Click Save.
- To update the Account Information, modify the First Name, Last Name and Email Address fields to update your information.
- To change your Password, enter your Current Password, a New Password and Confirm Password.
- Click Save to save your changes.
- To change course information edit the Course Name, Start Date and/or End Date, adjust the scoring Level for the course, and allow/disable the User Avatar option. Click Save to save any changes.
- Click Add Instructor to add a fellow instructor to the course to give them access to the students’ essays. This provides an opportunity for cross-curricular feedback. Once you’ve selected an instructor click the Add Instructor button.
Switch to Student Model:
- Click on Switch to Student Model to open a demo student account that looks and functions like a true student account.
- Use the demo student account to model for students how to use the program to plan and write essays, complete lessons, and access reports to monitor their writing progress.
- Click the circle with your initials and select Switch to Instructor to return to your instructor Home page.
- Click Help to open the MI Tutor Support Center.
- Click I’m an Instructor.
- Click the bell icon to view Notifications such as messages from students, assignment alerts, or pending course expiration. If there is a number on the notification icon you have a new notification.
- Click View all notifications to be directed to the Notifications page that lists all notifications by date, type, message, and read status.
- To Contact Support and reach the MI Tutor Support Team, click the ? icon.
- Fill in the required and requested information.
- Click Send.
- Click the gear icon to access Accessibility options.
- Choose desired options: Font Size, Color Contrast; Tint Overlay, or Line Reader.
- To reset the page, click the gear icon and then click the arrows icon.
Enabling the Peer Review feature
- Click on the Prompts tab to view a list of available pre-packaged prompts assigned to the grade level of the course as well as prompts you have created.
- Click on the prompt in which you want to enable the peer review feature.
- Scroll down to access the Peer Review feature and click on the plus (+) sign.
- Click Enable or Disable.
- Click Shown or Hidden to specify whether you want the author and reviewer to be known or anonymous to each other.
- Two required questions will be shown on the peer review form. To choose up to six additional review questions, click in the box beside each question you want to add. You can also type your own question(s), in the box beside the plus (+). You can change the peer review questions at any time.
- Click Save.
- Click Print beside the prompt to print the review form (Prompts page).
Creating Peer Review Groups
There are two options for creating Peer Review groups. First, click on the Students tab, then click on Peer Review Groups.
- Click on +Add. Click in the area labeled Students.
- Select students. Click Add.
- Click on Randomize.
- Choose the group size. Click Create Groups.
Requesting Peer Review
Once Peer Review is enabled for a prompt and groups created, students can request a peer review of their drafts. To request a review, from the Score Report, go to the Peer Review area and click Request.
Responding to Peer Review
After requests are submitted, peers can view Pending Peer Reviews from their home page. To respond to a request, click on a date to access the essay draft and peer review form for an essay. The reviewer responds “Yes” “Somewhat” or “No” to each question, then enters a comment for each question. When finished, the reviewer clicks on the Submit button to send the review to the essay author.
Accessing Completed Peer Reviews
Students can go to Completed Peer Reviews and click on a date to display reviews that they have requested and have been completed by their peers.